Labour Day
So there I was... Boston, MA celebrating Labour Day by not labouring. Since one of my former roommates just moved to Cambridge (into the sweetest flat any grad student could hope for) and another just finished her qualifying exams (strong work PollyAnna ; ) and another just frickin loves Boston, and since I'm now a mere 5-ish hours away from the city known for its beans and clam chowder, we all decided to meet up for a reunion.


Trip highlights:
Being asked if I was homesick already by customs agent
Realizing it's time for new brake pads
Speaking English (to everyone!)
Finding myself in the People's Republic of Cambridge (a pub, not a former soviet state)
Being stopped on the street and asked if I went to McGill (I was wearing my t-shirt ok, it's not like they picked up on my use of "eh" or the long o sound in out and about, however I have started to notice these splipping into my vernacular).
Having the guy who asked if I went to McGill tell me not to waste my time there
King-sized bed
Seeing a girl in the park with a fabulous shirt
Seeing the same shirt look even better on Mer about 5 minutes later at Ann Taylor
Seeing the same shirt very successfully getting Mer a handsome fellow to dance with 5 hours later
ktk making an appearance
Seeing some dude with a KU cap - though aparently it was his dad who was the alum
Clam Chowder
Tom's Thai Cooking
Mostly though, it was nice to feel "at home" again with people I love : ))


No comments:
Post a Comment