Me

Me
the darling of Montreal

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A blog...

So there I was, starting a blog. According to toothpaste for dinner, anything that can respond to stimuli will eventually blog. And gosh darnit, Canada has not yet sucked my ability to respond to stimuli out of me, so blog I shall. Also, Greg said it would be a good idea... at least until I get bored. But one small problem about this blog thing is that I pretty much hate typing. Maybe it was all the pressure to type 60 words a minute or get a (gasp) "B" in typing my freshman year of high school, but I just don't really enjoy the clickety clacking, the sorta painful wrists thing, etc... So the rest of this blog shall be done in Joe Bob Briggs style tallies.

1 Number of Air-Conditioning units purchased
0 Number of Air-Conditioning units installed by vacationing landlord
7 Number of Cabinets painted
6 Number of times hit-on
0 Number of times hit-on in English
1234091234109834 Number of auto insurance companies called
0 Number of auto insurance companies willing to insure me w/ Kansas Licence and Plates
16:00 Number listed as my bank's closing time, this translates to 4 pm!
18:00 Number listed as bank's closing time on it's "open late" day, yeah, 6pm is late!
26 Number of transactions allowed for checking account with a monthly fee of $3.25/month
5 Number of Canadian dollars extra a month to have caller ID on your cell phone
20 Number of a la carte cable channels I got to choose
2 Number of phone numbers I've gotten... from girls I intend to befriend (1 in the department and 1 w/ a killer shoe wardrobe)
1 Number of fans I was lent by a Grecian goddess
514-236-etch Number of my new Canadian cell phone
7 Number of pounds I've lost living only on what I know how to, and can afford to cook : )
3 Number of times I went to a grocery store with the main motivation being to "interact" with someone face to face
3 Number of times I've seen the "blue screen of death" when my ATI TV Wonder software failed to install properly.
1 Number of CD-roms I checked out from the language library to learn the French
4 Number of minutes it took to get health care card!
5 Date in September that classes start
1-4 Dates in September I'm meeting up w/ the best roomies a girl could've asked for in Boston!
130983412 People I miss!!!

9 comments:

Hiker said...

Enjoyed your blog. Glad you are there and settling in. So why do you need air conditioning in Montreal? I wasn't aware that the temp there ever rose above freesing! No doubt you'll soon have more than enought people with whom to "interact".

I'll look forward to seeing your future posts.

Best regards,
Your Glen Ellyn Uncle

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
It's good to hear how you are doing. Did you come to Kansas in July? Sorry we missed each other. It would have been good to see you. I'm glad to hear you are settling in, and I'm sure you will meet plenty of new people soon :). I enjoyed reading your blog. Looking forward to hearing more about how things are going.

Good Luck and talk to you soon!
Jen

kayliz said...

Bonjour! You'll be speaking french before you know it! Glad to hear how things are going! I am sure you will do fantastic in school (hope they don't teach in French!)

Take care
Karen U

Matthew H. John said...

I'm glad you're blogging! You're toward the top of the "Funniest People Matthew Knows" list. And I really like that photo of you... It's weird for me to think that you're in Canada, and not in Princeton. I'm not sure why. I trying to get a better job so I can, among other things, fly to come and see you. Still working on it. Well, good luck with classes. And keep responding to stimuli. I'll be praying for you.

Unknown said...

Canada, land that requires One Million Dollars worth of liability car insurance. Number times I've said holy cow in response to crazy Canadian customs: 8. At least McGill produces some good. James Naismith came out of there. Keep on truckin'.

Adrienne D said...

you crack me up! love and miss you! adrienne

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are still alive. I hope you learn French quickly, so you can make sure the guys hitting on you were keeping things appropriate.

Try to keep "eh" as much out of your vernacular as possible.

Miss talking to you the few times a year I get to see you,
LeAnn

Anonymous said...

Take care, I miss you dude!

Anonymous said...

i love you sara. i'll...see...you...sooooon...